National Basketball League of Canada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think the Championship Trophy should be called_____________________

4 posters

Go down

I think the Championship Trophy should be called_____________________ Empty I think the Championship Trophy should be called_____________________

Post by Evad Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:38 pm

This is a subject I posted on OSC so I thought I'd bring it over here and get another take on this question.

All pro leagues have a championship trophy named after either the founder of the league, coach or player. I think the NBL of Canada should name their trophy either

"The Livingston Trophy" After Halifax Rainman owner and face of the league.
"The Stephen J Nash Award" for obvious reasons.

What say you?
Evad
Evad

Back to top Go down

I think the Championship Trophy should be called_____________________ Empty Re: I think the Championship Trophy should be called_____________________

Post by JJSA Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:48 pm

They SHOULD be playing for the Naismith Cup, but MLSE owns the rights to it and won't let it go for less than somewhere in the six figure range....even though they don't even use it anymore. Just another reason to hate and boycott MLSE!
JJSA
JJSA

Back to top Go down

I think the Championship Trophy should be called_____________________ Empty Re: I think the Championship Trophy should be called_____________________

Post by Cashcleaner Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:42 am

Here's some ideas:

Confederation Cup
Canada Cup (suck it, defunct hockey tournament!)
Naismith Cup (though like JJSA said, probably not gonna happen)
Dominion Cup

Although one idea would be to use a plate as an award instead of a traditional "cup" trophy. That would be kinda cool.

I think the Championship Trophy should be called_____________________ 2008-wimbldeon-venus-williams-holds-trophy-plate
Cashcleaner
Cashcleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by sherridan Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:05 pm

This is taken from the OSC forum, however, I think it is the best idea so far.

The Donohue Cup

The forum won't let me post links for some reason, so just google Jack Donohue for more information.

sherridan

Back to top Go down

Post by Evad Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:36 pm

Cashcleaner wrote:Here's some ideas:

Confederation Cup
Canada Cup (suck it, defunct hockey tournament!)
Naismith Cup (though like JJSA said, probably not gonna happen)
Dominion Cup

Although one idea would be to use a plate as an award instead of a traditional "cup" trophy. That would be kinda cool.

I think the Championship Trophy should be called_____________________ 2008-wimbldeon-venus-williams-holds-trophy-plate

Good Idea but it's already a "cup" with lots of empty space for future winners, so I don't see them changing it for the second season.

I think the Championship Trophy should be called_____________________ Gabe-Freeman-the-NBL-of-Canadas-first-MVP-kisses-the-championship-trophy-Dave-Chidley-The-Canadian-Press
Evad
Evad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down