National Basketball League of Canada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The salary

5 posters

Go down

The salary Empty The salary

Post by gamenation2012 Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:11 pm

i Think over the next couple of season the League salary has to go up $150,000 is not enough to build a NBA like league.

Tell me if i am wrong or if you think the same

gamenation2012

Back to top Go down

The salary Empty Re: The salary

Post by stormy69 Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:03 pm

I agree 100% but with oshawa and windsor struggling how can it happen?

stormy69

Back to top Go down

Post by gamenation2012 Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:58 pm

I FEEL IF YOU ARE ENTERTAINING FANS WILL COME WATCH. OR MAYBE OSHAWA AND WINDSOR ARE NOT BASKETBALL CITY'S. ONE THING THIS LEAGUE NEEDS IS A PLAYER LIKE MJ THAT HELPED THE NBA GROW BECAUSE PEOPLE WOULD WANT TO SEE HIM PLAY.

gamenation2012

Back to top Go down

Post by gamenation2012 Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:58 pm

stormy69 wrote:I agree 100% but with oshawa and windsor struggling how can it happen?

I FEEL IF YOU ARE ENTERTAINING FANS WILL COME WATCH. OR MAYBE OSHAWA AND WINDSOR ARE NOT BASKETBALL CITY'S. ONE THING THIS LEAGUE NEEDS IS A PLAYER LIKE MJ THAT HELPED THE NBA GROW BECAUSE PEOPLE WOULD WANT TO SEE HIM PLAY.

gamenation2012

Back to top Go down

Post by JJSA Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:02 am

I don't think it's a realistic goal for the NBL to ever reach the level of the NBA, but if you look at attendance (with Oshawa being the exception), it's quite comparable to the D League. A very impressive feet given that the NBL is in only it's 2nd season and is still working to sort out where the best markets are etc.

I'm certain you will see the salary cap rise as the league gets on solid footing in the years to come, just as you will see expansion in to western Canada.

Like I said, the NBL will never be the NBA, but there is certainly nothing stopping the NBL from being the CFL to compliment the NFL. And as the CFL says..."This is OUR league."

Bottom line is if you want to see the salary rise and for the NBL to do well there are 4 simple things you can do:

1. Buy tickets and go to games
2. Buy merch and wear it
3. Watch the webcasts (The league, teams and most importantly sponsors/potential sponsors pay very close attention to how many people are watching in addition to counting the people in the seats)
4. Tell your friends

Remember, folks...this is OUR league! cheers
JJSA
JJSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Bramaca Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:18 pm

What is the salary cap for the league?

Bramaca

Back to top Go down

Post by JJSA Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:20 pm

If I remember correctly, the cap is $150,000
JJSA
JJSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Bramaca Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Thats not too bad to start out. Hopefully the league catches on enough to get out west. Would change the potential of the league.

Bramaca

Back to top Go down

Post by JASpirritts Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:56 pm

Bramaca wrote:Thats not too bad to start out.  Hopefully the league catches on enough to get out west.  Would change the potential of the league.

This. Although I wonder sometimes if some franchises hesitate too much to go after players that would benefit the team in an effort to save money. You've got to spend a little to get a little.
JASpirritts
JASpirritts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum