National Basketball League of Canada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future provincial rivalry?

5 posters

Go down

Future provincial rivalry? Empty Future provincial rivalry?

Post by breakersfan Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:25 am

I'd like to see the NBL put a team in Cape Breton in the future. It would give the Rainmen a natural provincial rival, as it currently does in the QMJHL.

Until that happens, I'll root for the Rainmen. I'd like to see them win the NBL Canada title this year, with all apologies to London Lightning fans! Laughing

BTW, shoutout to a good friend of mine, Mavs Gillis, who does the play-by-play of their home games online on sportstream.ca .
breakersfan
breakersfan

Back to top Go down

Future provincial rivalry? Empty Re: Future provincial rivalry?

Post by WJF Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:55 pm

While it would be nice to see another team in NS, I am not so sure that it will be happening any time soon. I will say this though, if Summerside can prove to be a stable franchise moving forward, no reason Sydney can't handle one.

WJF

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainmen902 Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:38 pm

WJF wrote:While it would be nice to see another team in NS, I am not so sure that it will be happening any time soon. I will say this though, if Summerside can prove to be a stable franchise moving forward, no reason Sydney can't handle one.

Summerside is too small I think Sydney would be great
Rainmen902
Rainmen902

Back to top Go down

Post by Evad Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:44 pm

breakersfan wrote:I'd like to see the NBL put a team in Cape Breton in the future. It would give the Rainmen a natural provincial rival, as it currently does in the QMJHL.

Until that happens, I'll root for the Rainmen. I'd like to see them win the NBL Canada title this year, with all apologies to London Lightning fans! Laughing

BTW, shoutout to a good friend of mine, Mavs Gillis, who does the play-by-play of their home games online on sportstream.ca .

You should start a "Bring the National Basketball League of Canada to Sydney" Facebook page and see how much interest you can get.
Evad
Evad

Back to top Go down

Post by JJSA Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:04 am

Great idea to start a Facebook page in support of getting a team in Sydney.

Kingston has had Facebook and Twitter accounts made to gain support of bringing a team here for a while now.
JJSA
JJSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down