National Basketball League of Canada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brampton?! Really?!

4 posters

Go down

Brampton?! Really?! Empty Brampton?! Really?!

Post by JJSA Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:59 pm

The latest rumours are saying that the league will soon anounce an expansion team in Brampton, Ontario for the 2013/2014 season...yes...the same city that failed to support even an OHL team. What is the NBL thinking, here? It's clear as day that the GTA is a black hole for minor pro sports. This has been proven time and time and time again.

I just fail to follow any logic here at all...Oshawa is getting their teeth kicked in at the gates, so the league decided that a 2nd team in the GTA is a good idea? Wow...just wow... Rolling Eyes
JJSA
JJSA

Back to top Go down

Brampton?! Really?! Empty Re: Brampton?! Really?!

Post by Bramaca Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:44 pm

The league is probably run by people in the Toronto area so they don't really look beyond. The potential for the league to expand is out west. If the other regions become solid and create something then the Toronto area may follow although not likely. Just look at the CFL, the majority of the revenues are created by the west and Montreal. Toronto and Hamilton are the bottom dwellers in terms of league revenue.

Bramaca

Back to top Go down

Post by Penguin022 Sat May 25, 2013 8:22 pm

Well, JJSA, you won't be too happy. Brampton now DOES have a team called "The Brampton A's". I wonder how good they will do. If Montreal does better this year... -_-
Penguin022
Penguin022

Back to top Go down

Post by airmira Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Penguin022 wrote:Well, JJSA, you won't be too happy. Brampton now DOES have a team called "The Brampton A's". I wonder how good they will do. If Montreal does better this year... -_-

Ugh, wasn't really impressed with Montreals record, but hey, an almost completely Canadian roster has my respect. Wink

airmira

Back to top Go down

Post by Penguin022 Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:17 pm

Ya gotta love your Canadians.Smile
Penguin022
Penguin022

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down