National Basketball League of Canada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Eddie Smith get Booed

4 posters

Go down

Does Eddie Smith get Booed Empty Does Eddie Smith get Booed

Post by Minty Fresh Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:50 pm

First game is fast approaching against Halifax. The boys will be presented with their rings and the banner will be raised. I assume that Eddie will get cheered when he is given his ring, but I fully expect him to get booed every time he touches the ball during the game, especially when he does his patented "bump into a defender and go flailing flop" for a foul. I loved that move when he was here, but I'm going to hate it now. What do you say? Cheer him for his work last year, then boo him mercilessly the rest of the game?
Minty Fresh
Minty Fresh

Back to top Go down

Does Eddie Smith get Booed Empty Re: Does Eddie Smith get Booed

Post by JJSA Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:55 am

I'm certain Smith will get cheered during the ring ceremony. Given the way the rivalry is growing between London and Halifax I fully expect that Lightning fans will hate Eddie long before the season is over. Laughing ...but I do think it would be a pretty cool thing and a class act move on the part of the fans in London if they gave him a standing ovation the first time he touches the ball on Saturday night...but as I said...by the time the 4th quarter comes along you might be sick of seeing him with the ball in his hands, so it would be wise to show him the love early on. Laughing
JJSA
JJSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Minty Fresh Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:38 am

I agree on the classy thought of cheering him....during the ring ceremony. But once the tip has gone up, no way no how should he be cheered.
Minty Fresh
Minty Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Minty Fresh Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:26 am

Well, he got cheered when given the ring and pretty much ignored the rest of the game. No Booing really. Some extra jeering on an airball but he really didn't do too much in this game. Probably tired from lighting up the Express in the Halifax loss the night before.
Minty Fresh
Minty Fresh

Back to top Go down

Does Eddie Smith get Booed Empty BOOING EDDIE

Post by LightningObsessed Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:38 pm

I was at the first Lightning game against Rainmen. AWESOME!!! We cheered Eddie during ring ceremony as he was a major asset while on the Lightning and one of my fav players! But once it was game-time, my group of four yelled "EEEDDDDIIIIEEEEEEE" and booed every time he touched the ball!!!! Great fun!!! We also did the same at the Openning game for the Express when Eddie had the ball! It was a blast!!!

LightningObsessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Grammalightning Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:35 pm

That part of yelling EEEDDDDDIIIIIEEEEEE everytime he touched the ball was alot of fun lol

Grammalightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down