National Basketball League of Canada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are the Lightning the Lakers of the NBLC?

5 posters

Go down

Are the Lightning the Lakers of the NBLC? Empty Are the Lightning the Lakers of the NBLC?

Post by Evad Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:36 pm

I know they have only played one season. I know the NBLC has a long way to go before it can be compared to the NBA. I know the players don't make anywhere near the salaries of the NBA players, but, I can see this being the case. Now, I wouldn't go as far as calling the Lightning the Celtics of the NBLC, Oh yeah I also know THEY COULD NOT COME CLOSE TO EVEN GIVING L.A. A GAME, but it was just a thought. In this league with the teams this league has, and the level of competition would the name "Lakers of the North" fit?
Evad
Evad

Back to top Go down

Are the Lightning the Lakers of the NBLC? Empty Re: Are the Lightning the Lakers of the NBLC?

Post by 12 Panels in the Cylinder Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:35 am

Evad wrote:just a thought.[...]would the name "Lakers of the North" fit?

I hope not, 'cause people hate-on the Lakers.

However; we are surrounded by The Great Lakes, but I'm not goin' as far as to place the name "Lakers of the North" on us.

12 Panels in the Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Are the Lightning the Lakers of the NBLC? Empty Re: Are the Lightning the Lakers of the NBLC?

Post by Evad Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:21 pm

12 Panels in the Cylinder wrote:
Evad wrote:just a thought.[...]would the name "Lakers of the North" fit?

I hope not, 'cause people hate-on the Lakers.

However; we are surrounded by The Great Lakes, but I'm not goin' as far as to place the name "Lakers of the North" on us.

Is it because of the Lakers Attitude, or because Steve Nash is now playing with them? Very Happy

When I refer to them as the Lakers of the North I'm not calling them a bunch of stuck up, conceited, over paid, players that think they are all that. I'm referring to their winning and having a very good chance of taking the title again. The players for the Lightning, from what I saw last year are head and shoulders above the team from L.A. when it comes to team play and fan interaction. They work together as a team and do a great job of making the fan feel appreciated.
Evad
Evad

Back to top Go down

Post by LightningObsessed Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:43 pm

Lets just put it this way.. The Lightning are the Elite team of the NBLC!!! GO LIGHTNING!!! Even with major player changes this season, we have a very talented team!

LightningObsessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Evad Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:52 pm

I wish I could take back this thread. Very Happy The Lighting ARE NOT THE LAKERS OF THE NBLC! I'm glad I was wrong. Please forgive me for making such a TERRIBLE comparison.
Evad
Evad

Back to top Go down

Post by sajc Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Your forgiven but they are a good team problably one of the best in NBL.

sajc

Back to top Go down

Post by JASpirritts Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:19 pm

I think it's a fair evaluation to say that the Lightning and the Rainmen have an unspoken 1-2 position in our league. SJ is a close 3rd followed by the rest. So I understand the Lakers/Celtics analogy, but it's a young league so give it some time.
JASpirritts
JASpirritts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down